Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Treasure Island 5k

On Saturday morning (July 3rd), we packed the car and the kids and headed out to Treasure Island to spend the 4th of July weekend.  We needed to be there early as we were participating in the Treasure Island 5k ~ our first 5k in years and the kids first ever road race :)  As you can see, they were very excited!
They were bundled up because it was a little chilly and misty.
So deceiving since I didn't actually push the stroller ~ that was G's job ;-)

Here we are with our fancy and BRIGHT shirts and numbers.
Sadly, Eli didn't get a shirt because they didn't come that small but I don't think he was too upset about it :)
Alli was VERY excited!
Look at our little runner go . . .

She even pushed Eli for a little while!
Okay Daddy, your turn again!
She fell down and scraped her knees but only cried a bit :) 
Then decided it was more fun to be on Daddy's shoulders!
Okay, so I guess I did push the stroller for a bit while running with just Eli in it! :)

Here we are back at the beach after our fun "race" ~ I use that term very loosely!

All that running made for two very hungry munchkins!
Our first family race was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment