First, I have to share a pic of Alli "reading" in the car on the way to the beach. I had brought along one of my Mommy magazines and she insisted that she needed to read it . . .
We showed up to find 5 or 6 guys sitting around the table outside playing drinking games. No kids and no females! Fortunately, the guys cleaned up their language a bit in front of Alli and Eli. Alli wanted to know what some words meant ~ we explained that the boys were just being silly and promptly went down to the beach ~ YIKES! ;-)
The kids had fun throwing (Alli) and eating (Eli) rocks!
Alli did her best to convince Eli that rocks weren't for eating :)
Since it was so nice, we (okay, Alli and G!) decided to jump in the water.
This is about as much water as Eli got to enjoy, but I assure you, he had a great time!
The water isn't exactly warm but Alli wanted to fully jump in just like Daddy.
I managed to get the full progression of this event and it is quite cute . . .
Working up her nerve
There she goes
And, she's down
Back up, still trying to get to Daddy
Down again
Finally, Daddy to the rescue ~ she was less than pleased.
I was laughing hysterically on the beach.
All the while telling her what a great job she did!
So proud of her first "Polar Plunge"!
Yep, that's how Mommy spun it, making a huge deal to get a smile back on that cold, and somewhat grumpy, little face ;-)
Back at the cabin, entertaining Eli. He was giggling nonstop as Alli put the toy on his head. Silly kids!
All dried off and fed, time to play with Uncle Z and be silly
Needless to say, both kids crashed on the way home.
Definitely made for a very fun day!!!









Alli and Eli survived their first BQ...but I think Zach has officially announced that it is the final one.
ReplyDeleteBarbie Gramma