Since moving to back to WA in 2008, Alli and I begin each Christmas Eve morning by making red and green Rice Krispy Treats. This was the first year that G didn't have to go to work so he and Eli were there for the fun, although they left the treat making up to the girls :) As you can see, they turned out great!
We decided to have a lazy morning while G went shopping for some last minute gifts. The kids took the opportunity to play some more with our Little People Nativity set.
After lunch, the boys decided to put together my craft drawers. Eli was such a good little helper!
He was rewarded for all of his hard work with a cookie ;-)
After the kids were up from their naps, we got dressed up and went to my parents for the annual Schneider Christmas Eve bash. We LOVE this! My mom puts on a spread of delectable (our new favorite word thanks to Fancy Nancy!) appetizers and desserts. The kids (big and small) loved sampling all the food.
This was the best family shot we could get as Mr. Grumpy Pants refused to crack a smile for us.
After enjoying the food, it was time for presents . . .
Not surprisingly, Eli was more into the boxes and decided to lay on them ~ silly boy ;-)
Both kids wanting Aunt Jenee's attention. I think Alli was protecting one of her presents by sitting on the box :)
Alli fully enjoyed opening and playing with all of her presents!
After all the presents were opened and my brothers and their families had left, the kids played while I helped my Dad clean up the kitchen. My folks work so hard to put on such an amazing spread, I figured they may appreciate at least a little help ;-) We went to the 9 p.m. candle light service at our church. It was beautiful as always but both kids were very tired, although they both behaved pretty well. I absolutely LOVE hearing the Christmas story and tear up. This year I was even more emotional, not too surprising, but I am just so thankful to have such a loving God.
The kids crashed when we got home, giving Santa plenty of time to drop off presents and stockings. Another great Christmas Eve!









No comments:
Post a Comment