On Sunday {the day before my birthday} Alli went to a birthday party for one of her friends.
I took Alli and Daddy stayed home with the boys for "a relaxing afternoon" or so I thought ;-)
When we got home, we saw the grandparents' cars in the driveways and balloons on the door . . .
Daddy and the boys had been busy!
As I opened the door, sweet little Eli ran over shouting SURPRISE!
He was so proud and excited!!!
Turns out that Alli was NOT in on the surprise and LOVED it too.
I haven't had a surprise party since I was 21 and that wasn't keep secret very well so I was stunned.
My hubby did an awesome job of making me feel loved and special.
After eating it was time for cake and I had lots of little helpers . . .
Luke really wanted the sprinkles, Eli wanted frosting and Alli wanted to lick the candles,
which she pointed out were incorrect because "Mommy is already 26 Daddy, now she's 27!"
Hey, I will happily take 27 :-)
After enjoying lots of cake, Eli declared it was time for presents and got out the special chair.
He was such a little love bug ~ kept coming up to tell me how much he loved me!
G said he was so excited at the store that he kept telling everyone it was Mama's birthday.
Love his sweet heart!
During presents, I had lots of helpers again . . .
Alli was so precious and made me a frame with a rainbow, and also gave me a granola bar, bracelet and one of her dollars ~ I was feeling very special that I ranked high enough to get one of her dollars!!!
It was such a fun evening!
Only downfall was that little Lukey has a cold and was a bit out of sorts, but it did lead to some snuggles.
And my sour gummy worms definitely intrigued him.
What a fun surprise party!!!
My actual birthday was lots of fun too . . .
Ducky Gramma was kind enough to watch Lukey since he wasn't feeling great so I could volunteer at Alli's school in the morning, where some very lovely friends brought me hot chocolate and a card.
Eli and I played with Alli at recess ~ they were adorable together ~ before getting Lukey.
It was a relaxing afternoon at home with the boys.
G gave me the BEST gift by getting off work early and picking up Alli from school.
More present opening with three great helpers . . .
Alli was so sweet and had Daddy stop at Target so she could buy me a present with her own money.
Swedish Fish ~ she knows Mommy's fave!!!
My family took me to Red Robin for dinner and the three kiddos LOVED my free dessert!
A fabulous day to turn 26, oops 27 I guess ;-)
















So glad you had a great birthday. The "surprise" party was great and I just loved the way Eli kept saying "I love you, Mommy." He really is a sweetheart...they all are.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to have been able to at the surprise party! And knowing that you would truly be SURPRISED!!!!! Garrett is such a great husband (and son, to us)!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday---what a great celebration with the fam! and your hair is so long and pretty!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fantastic birthday!!! Love ya!
ReplyDelete