Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bring on the 2013-2014 School Year!

Gone are the days of sleeping in and playing all day.
As of this morning, the little fish are waking up early and heading to school.

Given that I knew it could be a rough morning, I tried to make it as fun as possible . . . 
 The donuts were such a hit on the last day of school, so I decided to do it for the first as well!
{With eggs, yogurt and milk as well!}
As you can see from these two happy faces, they quickly forgave me for waking them so early :-)
It also helped that they were able to Facetime with Daddy over donuts.

I still don't know how it is possible that Alli is already in first grade, the past 6 years have flown!!!
She is starting to look (and act!) so grown up.
She chopped her hair, learned how to tie her shoes and no longer wants cute bows ~ headbands only!
We love this spunky little gal so much!!!

Unlike last year, Alli wasn't nervous at all and couldn't wait to go into her classroom,
where she has her own DESK (no more group tables!)
She couldn't wait for me to leave so she could be a big first grader ;-)

After dropping Alli off, it was time for Eli's preschool orientation.
We switched to a different preschool this year and it is on the same campus as Alli's school.
We had a little time so we stopped to visit with other parents and enjoy a cookie before orientation.
Eli is such a laid back little guy and had no problems at all in his new classroom.
He immediately started chatting with his teacher and was playing hard with the other kiddos.
He assured me he had a lot of fun.

Thankfully, Alli also said she had a lot of fun at school today.
I am so proud of her as she had brought in a paper lunch bag with five items that described her,
and she got up in front of the class today and shared about herself ~ she told me that was exciting!!!

I am so grateful and am hoping this is a fabulous year for both little fish!!!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't found the right moment to tell Jack that his best friend will not be in his class this year.
    Then again I still haven't made my first payment to our school...maybe that's a sign??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was NOT easy to break the news to Eli either, who kept asking when his buddies would be there! We will have to get the boys together to play :-)

      Delete