Tuesday, September 14, 2010

alli starts sunday school

Our baby girl is growing up!

On Sunday, Alli finally got to participate in Blast Off Sunday ~ the beginning of Adventures in God's Kingdom Sunday School at First Lutheran.

It began with the children's sermon where Pastor Joe gave all of the kids balloons.  Our little sweetie tried so hard but needed Mommy's help in blowing her balloon.  I wish I'd had a picture of her trying to blow the balloon, her little cheeks were working hard ;-)  The kids let the balloons go then raced downstairs for the new year of Sunday School.  Alli was a little apprehensive but did great! 

She loved making crafts and eating pancakes ~ who doesn't??? 
Eli also had a big day as this was his first time going to the Church nursery without his big sister!
Not only that, many of the little ones were in Sunday school with Alli so he was the big man of the room and Miss Kaitlyn let us know that he seemed pretty proud of that :)
He was very happy to come get his big sister and had fun checking out her room
I love that she's looking at him with a "what are you doing?" face :)
Notice Eli's foot, the little man is always on the move now!!!
All in all, Sunday school is off to a great start!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day and a very exciting one for them both. I remember that Alli really wanted to go last year so I bet she was super excited. ;) Glad to see that you got your new computer up and running too. How on Earth did the other one get broken?

    Love,
    The Macs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Eli thought it would be loads of fun to play with the surge protector like a light switch (on, off, on, off) while the computer was running. Fried the hard drive :( Not sure I have much faith in surge protectors anymore. Thank goodness for backup files!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Alli write her name all by herself on her name tag? It looks awesome! Looks like Sunday School is a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She did write her name by herself ~ she usually makes a nametag for Eli too and sticks it on his back ;-)

    ReplyDelete