Wednesday, March 31, 2010

eeewwwwwww . . . gross . . .

These were the words I uttered late this afternoon while playing with my darling children.  Picture this . . .

Eli wakes up from his afternoon nap and wants to nurse. 
He finishes and we go to get Alli up from her nap. 
Alli is putting on her shoes while I'm sitting in her rocker playing "airplane" with Eli. 
In hindsight, NOT one of my best ideas. 
Alli is taking forever getting on her shoes because she is entertained by Eli's giggles, as am I. 
We are all laughing. 
The type of laughs where your mouth is wide open. 
Any ideas where this is going???
Yes, my sweet little Eli spits up IN MY MOUTH ~ insert gagging here ~ all over my face, and in my hair!
All the while, giggling and smiling as though this is the funniest thing he's ever seen.
Alli was very amused as well.
Mommy, not so much.
My first reaction was to spit and wipe my mouth and face with the closest thing I could find . . . Alli's pajama top.
Alli didn't think that was quite as funny ~ imagine that.
I cleaned myself up as best I could while uttering "gross" over and over.
Both my kids giggled for quite some time over this one.
When G got home from work, I finally got a shower.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't the first time I've had bodily fluids on me.  I've been peed on, pooped on and spit up on by both little darlings.  But, this was the first (and I pray LAST) time it entered my mouth.

Yuck.

3 comments:

  1. GROSS! GROSS! GROSS! Ugg...I don't know what else to say! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm with the little kiddos ~ funniest thing I've read in a long, long time! However, so glad it wasn't me. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwwww is right!! Although it did have me laughing out loud so hard I was crying!!! Well, it will make for a funny memory down the road. :)

    Love,
    The Macs

    ReplyDelete