Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blue Fish could be here sooner than expected . . .

We had our 35 week appointment yesterday and learned that things are progressing and our doc thinks he could be here within the next week or two ~ YIKES!!! Obviously, we want him to stay put as long as possible (or at least the next four weeks). She said the only way we are going to get him to stay in is to stop having contractions, which is unlikely since I am having them all the time and they are really starting to hurt ~ OUCH! That said, although I was previously given permission to take Alli for walks, that has come to an end and I'm pretty much stuck on the couch again. Not strict bed rest but definitely needing to take it easy and have my feet up as much as possible. Thank goodness my folks just returned from vacation and they offered to play with Alli today ~ she loves spending time with them and it gives her a chance to run around and play :) My doc said that if he hasn't arrived yet and I want to take a walk in two weeks, I have her blessing. Seeing as how we want him to stay in as long as possible, I think I will pass on that but boy will it be hard!

It's a bit funny because Tuesday night I had a mini breakdown about having both a newborn and a toddler, wondering how I could possibly do it and stressing about getting everything done before he arrives. Garrett found this extremely amusing, assuring me that we had plenty of time to finish all we need to do and that it will be a piece of cake. He was more than a little surprised to get my call yesterday to let him know that we likely do not have as much time as we thought!

Please pray that this little guy stays put for at least two more weeks, if not longer, to give him the best chance for a healthy entry into this world!!! We'll keep you posted and promise to post pictures of the finished nursery soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment