Last week was fairly uneventful, I continued to take it easy and work from the couch as Alli enjoyed playing with her grandparents and friends. Garrett was busy with work. Fortunately, we've had a few nice days which allowed us (think Garrett) to get some work done in the yard. We decided to put in a vegetable garden but have not been agreeing as to how best to design it. Luckily, yesterday, we were able to compromise a bit and it is finally completed and ready for us to begin planting. Gardens are not new to us as we had one back in MA with both fruits and veggies but we have a new wild card here . . . deer. We have a lovely family of four deer that frequent our yard and as much as we like them, we do not want them eating our veggies! One of our neighbors suggested planting garlic around the outside to keep the deer out so we will give that a try. If anyone has other tips, we are all ears :) Since I'm still on modified bed rest, I wasn't exactly the most help but being me, I enjoyed playing the supervisor role ~ not too sure what Garrett thought about that ;-)
Aside from working in the yard, we've been going through all Alli's baby clothes to get them ready for our upcoming garage sale. This has been a slow process because I have such great memories of each little outfit and remember all sorts of things that she did while wearing them. Garrett has been patiently listening to me reminisce but I think he wishes I would hurry it up already! I cannot believe what cute clothes she had and as excited as I am to be having a little boy, I must confess that I am a little bummed that I will not get to reuse her clothes. Even Garrett would tell you though that I'm being good about what I'm keeping ~ very little actually!!!! The sale is in two weeks and we are hoping to get rid of everything so we can have our garage back. We are pricing to sell so wish us luck!
In other news, I have been given permission to fly back to Boston for one day to clean up my office and box up files I need to work from home. I fly out tomorrow morning and have to admit that I'm a bit nervous ~ silly huh? I'm sure I will be just fine and be back on my couch on Wednesday. We'll let you know how it goes.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment