Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another Trip to Labor & Delivery

Well we were in for another little adventure last night. I was feeling crampy much of yesterday but really didn't think much of it, par for the course these days :) By the time I picked Alli up and we got home, I was having pretty painful contractions every 5-10 minutes and they just felt different. My OB had warned me that I needed to be cautious and call if anything changed so after dealing with it for a couple of hours (Alli was such a sweetheart and kept giving me hugs and kisses to help with the "boo boo") I called the doc after putting Alli to bed. We spent a couple of hours in L&D hooked up to lots of machines that verified I was indeed having contractions. Luckily, the test was negative, reassuring us that it is highly unlikely I will give birth in the next two weeks. We finally got home a little before midnight and were both exhausted. I had a follow-up with my doc this morning. We discussed options to stop or at least lessen the contractions but unforutnately, because of my low blood pressure and tachycardia, I really cannot take any of the medications so I get to rest, drink fluids and pray!!! I still have a sneaking suspicion that despite all of these little scares, the little guy is just going to stay put until the scheduled c-section ;-)

2 comments:

  1. We are thinking about you and keeping you and the little guy in our prayers.

    Love, Michelle & Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Tiff needs to check out here more often - so much going on with you guys!!! You tell little Mister to take it easy in there... there really is no hurry to come out! He has the rest of his life to be out of the womb! take care of yourself and drink your fluids, rest and we will all be praying!

    ReplyDelete