Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day

I had the BEST Mother's Day so far (okay, so I will probably say that every year but it really was AWESOME!) I woke up to a little pat on my arm around 6 a.m. When I rolled over, I saw my little sweet pea. Apparently she got her foot stuck in her crib around 4:30 a.m. so G brought her to bed with us ~ she never sleeps with us so this was quite a treat. She gave me the sweetest smile, rubbed my arm then fell back asleep. It was AWESOME! We slept a bit longer before getting ready for church. When I came downstairs, I saw three beautiful plants and a couple of cards on the dining room table. Alli had a great time helping me open the cards and helped me put on my "Super Mom" sticker :) Before church, we went to my parents' house to visit and give my mom her gift. Church was a great as always and when I saw Alli after the service (she was down in her Adventures in God's Kingdom) she handed me a little red carnation. She was so proud and I nearly cried ~ I blame the sappiness on the pregnancy hormones. After church, we went for brunch with G's family at the clubhouse where we live ~ yummy!!! The afternoon was fairly relaxing. Alli took a great nap and G planted the flowers they gave me while I supervised During the evening, G took Alli for a run so I could take a bath. I was still in the tub when they got back and Alli came barging in and said, "I wanna come in!" Of course I had to let her and it was the best bath I've had in a long time!!! She was so snuggly. Poor thing has been a bit out of sorts all weekend and wanted to go to bed early (today she spiked a high fever 103+ poor baby). She was zonked before 8 p.m. I also fell asleep early. All in all, I would have to say it was a GREAT day!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful mom's day! Hope the little Alli-gator is feeling better! Take care of yourself! -- Tiff and Fam

    ReplyDelete