Monday, April 20, 2009

A Swift Kick & a Couple of Tosses :)

Yikes, it's only been a few days on bed rest and I have to say IT IS HARD!!! Who knew staying put could be so frustrating and exhausting?!?! Suddenly, I have the urge to be cleaning, organizing, gardening, pulling weeds, you name it and I want to do it. Oh well, we are all surviving. Muffin (a.k.a. the blue fish) seems to be doing well despite the contractions. He's much more of a mover and shaker than Alli was and even Garrett got to feel a nice swift kick last night :) I'm still crampy and uncomfortable but definitely notice a difference when I'm taking it easy versus moving around. Luckily, we have the most amazing family and the grandparents have been very helpful. My mom comes over regularly to play with Alli and take her to all of her activities ~ both Alli and I are so thankful for this! Garrett's wonderful mom has offered to help us with the cleaning of the house ~ woo hoo!!! I'm thrilled because I hate a messy house and Garrett is so happy to not have to spend all day working only to come home and have full Alli duty plus cooking and cleaning. He has been such a trooper but the brunt of this is really falling on him. I have such a wonderful husband and feel so fortunate to be his wife!
We actually had a warm, sunny weekend again so it was back to the beach at Treasure Island for tossing rocks. Okay, so I couldn't do much but sit but a great time was had by all as you can see from the pictures below . . .

So I'm not sure if Alli knows that I need a break or if she has just turned into a different child but she has decided in the past week to eat. This child is now trying new things and finishing whole meals!!! I realize this is not a big deal for many but for Alli, this is HUGE! We can actually reason a bit with her now (or bribe her, however you want to look at it!) Turns out, she really likes the Easter candy but she knows she can only have one piece IF she finishes her meal or snack. Suddenly, she is gobbling down anything we put in front of her to get to that candy. Who knew those little bite-sized pieces of candy could be so helpful :) Okay, so we realize that this is not the most conventional method but it's working for us right now and she's eating meat, veggies and fruit so we're going with it! It's hard to believe that it was only one year ago that she was nearly hospitalized and given a feeding tube. Luckily, Dr. Duro (GI specialist at Boston Children's Hospital) decided enough was enough and prescribed her the stimulant that got her back on the charts. We will forever be grateful to her.

Well, since the little one is down for a nap (well down in her crib singing right now) I need to get back to work. Thanks to all for the support and well wishes. Keep praying this little guy stays put for a couple more months. I go back in next Monday (hopefully not sooner!) for more tests and we'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment