Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Alli had her 15 month appointment yesterday and it was AMAZING!!!! She is up to 18 lbs 13 oz and 31 inches. We were just hoping that she might hit the 18 lb mark finally, we never dreamed she would surpass it and almost hit 19 lbs!!! I cried when the nurse told me the weight I couldn't help it, I was just so excited. It was a great appointment all around. Alli only cried when she got weighed (go figure!) She was such a little champ during the exam and chatted the whole time. Although she has her own language and doesn't say a ton of recognizable words, her doc thinks she is right where she should be and was impressed by how well she understood directions ~ she showed him her belly, how she can shake toys, how she dances, how she can "pet" animals (he gave her a baby animals counting book) and she gave Mommy smooches when asked Here's the most impressive part . . . she got two shots (one in each arm) and our big girl didn't so much as wimper!!! That's right, she just looked at the nurse as if to say, "are you done yet? I want to go play." When we went out to the waiting room so I could book her next appointment before we left she played and flirted with the women at the front desk. The consensus in the office was "WOW! not a usual 15 month old reaction" She was such a brave little girl!!! I was so giddy yesterday that I couldn't stop smiling and crying ~ silly Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Great news!! Way to go Alli!!!
    ~Jon & Michelle McDonald

    ReplyDelete