Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Zoo Day!!!

We are trying to really make use of our zoo membership this summer so the kiddos and I have ventured to the zoo by ourselves twice in the past couple of weeks.  
When there are no summer camps, we've tried to make Wednesday "Zoo Day".
Today, I remembered the camera and was able to capture some of our fun :-)
I decided to be a really cool mom today and made a $15 donation so we could get colorful monkeys.
We are the proud new owners of Hallibott (blue), Zoe (pink) and Zoobers (green),
gotta love the names they came up with {I may have influenced Lukey!}

Luke was especially impressed with Zoobers and wore or snuggled him the whole trip!
Incidentally, I decided to be brave and left the carrier and the stroller in the car, letting Luke proclaim his 
"BIG BOY" status ~ he was so HAPPY and it was nice to not wear or push anyone!!!

Alli and Eli's highlight of the day was finally getting to ride a camel (it was sick last time)
I thought Eli would be nervous but he thought it was great and Alli was the nervous one :-)
Both really enjoyed it and wanted to ride it again as soon as they were off!

Another highlight was the playground.
They had so much fun playing, running around and watching the meerkats.
Alli showed off her own monkey skills!
After playing and seeing all of the animals, we sat down at the theater to eat lunch and wait for the show.
All of us really enjoyed seeing the animals in Captain Adventure vs. Dr. Do Nothing.
Even Lukey sat on captivated on my lap for the 45 minute show ~ he was a big fan of Dog Wonder!
Such a fun day!!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time...what great pics. I was really impressed to see Alli & Eli on the camel...you were much older when you rode the elephant. Such wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete