Thursday, September 6, 2012

Alli's 1st Day of Kindergarten


 Was a success!!! 

I had to wake her up much earlier than she is used to this morning, but the fun surprise was seeing Daddy!
He had to stay and take his baby girl to her first day of Kindergarten :-)
Love this shot as she is doing her "I can't believe I am already in Kindergarten" pose.

She was a bit slow eating breakfast and getting ready but once she was dressed, 
Alli was full of smiles and giggles ~ so excited for her first day of Kindergarten!

We thought she looked so precious in her little uniform holding her lunch bag and backpack!!!

Alli was very excited to be taking lunch and dictated exactly what she wanted . . . 
Sausage, cheese sticks, crackers, craisins, fruit leather, yogurt and a PB&J sandwich.
Needless to say, she didn't come close to finishing this but did eat all of the sausage and sandwich,
finishing the rest of it {with help from Eli} on the drive home.

The whole family had to get a picture with our new Kindergarten gal before heading off to school.
Poor Eli wanted to know why he didn't get to go to school today too.

After the photo shoot, it was off to school.
She was a little apprehensive when we got to school but walked right in to hang her coat and backpack,
before posing for more pictures in her classroom . . . 
She was happily playing by herself when we left.
I stuck around much of the morning in the school helping to organize the curriculum books with some other moms but only peeked in on her once, she was wiggling her tooth at recess when I checked ;-)

2:45 seemed to take forever to get here but I was so excited when we finally got to see her!!!
She said she had a fun day and got to have a cookie for snack ~ very exciting!

Alli was definitely exhausted when we got home, 
so she crafted a bit, did some interviews, ate an early dinner and was in bed by 6 p.m.
I still haven't heard a peep from her!
This new schedule will take some getting used to ;-)

I have to share her "interviews" we did at home . . . 
The one that cracks me up the most is 
When I grow up I want to: still live with Mommy
I cannot wait to show her that in a couple of years!!! ;-)

2 comments: