Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Domestic success!

Figuring I better start earning my keep around Case de Fisher,
I decided it was high time I learn my way around the kitchen ;-)
As you may know, I am NOT the cook of the family, although I do make some great side dishes!
This week, I decided to try some new recipes and they have been a huge hit among the entire fam.
Last night, I made Chicken Enchilada Soup and although it was very spicy, both kiddos chowed down and told me how good it was, while drinking about four glasses of water each!

Tonight, I made Orange, Teriyaki Chicken

And again, it was a huge hit!
Guess I'm not so bad in the kitchen after all ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. Bet Tony, Jenee and Kyle would love to try the Enchilada Soup while they're stuck in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup sounds right up my alley. Love spicy things. Hint: when eating spicy drink milk - cools the mouth faster because water will just make it worse.

    Your Orange Teriyaki Chicken looks delicious! Why wasn't I invited? ;)

    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found some wonderful recipes in Kyle's Cookbook (thanks to Jean Schneider's hard work assembling it!) The almond chicken is yummy...and of course the fried rice! I am not the most proficient cook, but with a little help from friends and family, I have gotten better over the years. You will do great, Nikki!

    ReplyDelete