Thursday, June 23, 2011

Saying goodbye was harder on the Mamas

Today was the day we had to say goodbye to the Lynch gals (Joe will still be around for another month)
I expected it to be difficult, but I didn't expect to be such a blubbery mess.
They were supposed to leave this weekend but as usual, life had other plans and it got moved up to today.
We had planned to have them over for dinner this evening to have one last hurrah but instead, they had to pack up and head out on the road this afternoon.  Poor G had to break the news to me last night, and since then, I've been in crying mode.  I hate that Alli's friends are moving away and as it turns out, I hate that my friend is moving away.  Sarah is by far the closest friend I've had since returning to WA and I'm going to miss having her right around the corner.  I know with email and phones, we'll stay in touch but it's just not the same.  So I ran around like a crazy woman today trying to get the girls a going away gift.
They came over for one final playdate and a goodbye.
The girls (and Eli) all loved it, giggled, smiled, played, hugged and waved goodbye.
The Mommys cried ~ go figure!

I know these aren't the best pictures of the Moms but it's what I have . . .
Sarah and I at a joint baby "shower" for Abigail & Eli back in 2009
Sarah & I last week at our last GNO at the Clubhouse 
Ainsley & Alli this week (Alli refers to Ainsley as her "very BFF") 
All the Lynch girls, Eli & Alli (gotta love E's expression!) 
Elleanor, Eli, Emerson, Alli, Ainsley & Abigail

I know we will see you again Lynch family but please know how much you all mean to us
and how much you will be missed on the Circle. 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful family! You will be missed by all us Fishers!

    Adele and Bob Fisher
    aka: Barbie Gramma and Barbie Pop Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear the news - it really stinks. BUT, true friends always stay in each others heart and surpass time and distance. :)

    Love to you!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto the missing part from the Schneider family. Alli has expressed many times how much she likes/loves Ainsley. You have been such good friends to the whole Fisher family and I am so very grateful for the love and support you have shown them. Thank you. I had hoped to get a chance to say good bye to you, but know that you're in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...you made me tear up again!! I feel honored to have made your blog! :-)

    I will miss you so much...our walks and talks especially! The girls will miss Alli and Eli, as well...and all your fun toys!

    Thank-you for being such wonderful friends to us! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete