This afternoon, the whole family headed over to the Pierce County Courthouse,
where I and 13 others were sworn in to the Washington Bar.
It was very different from my first swearing-in but the same type of speeches were made . . .
Congratulations! You're a lawyer now! What a noble profession, how proud you must be, etc.
Certainly kind words and mostly true but it felt different
as I have been a practicing attorney for nearly 7 years already ;-)I was most entertained by Eli saying "Mama" when he saw me ~ too cute!
Both kiddos gave me big "congratulations" hugs after the ceremony
and I have to say both were incredibly well behaved!!! They were both a little confused though to see Mommy wearing a suit ;-)
Hopefully neither one gets any ideas of becoming an attorney!
Afterwards, the family went to the Ram for dinner, where both kids lost a balloon but handled it well.
My mom was there too (of course!) but she was the wonderful photographer ;-)
So now that I'm officially able to practice in WA, I keep getting asked if I plan to switch to a WA law firm.
Let me be vey clear ~ NO!!! I love my firm and have no plans to make the switch,
however, my firm has a number of cases pending in Seattle so this is helpful.
I just figured it was time to be licensed in the state in which I live ;-)









That's great! Congrats on being sworn in. I'm sure it will have it's advantages when you need and/or want it to be.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Vicki