Yesterday was a very busy day for Miss Alli . . . In the morning, all of our neighborhood buddies came over for her 3rd Birthday Party. I went overboard last year on decorations so this year I decided to tone it down a little. She's not really into characters (likes them but doesn't have a fave) so we decided to do a candy theme ~ figured we couldn't go wrong that way. What kid doesn't love candy??? ;-) We turned our dining room into Alli's Sweet Shop, complete with lots of candy. As a party favor, we decorated a glass bottle for each child and let them fill it with whatever candy they wanted. I was amazed at how well the kids shared and passed the candy around the table! Alli seemed to have a good time but was a bit shy during the birthday song and wanted me to blow out her candles. Once it came time to open presents, however, the shyness was GONE! She was perfectly happy to be the center of attention so long as there were gifts to open and even chatted and played with the others during this time. Figures, give her stuff and she'll be chatty ;-) There were so many photos that I picked a few to add to the slideshow below . . .
After her friends left, Alli had a ball playing with her new toys. When my friend Cori arrived with her boys, Cohen (1 week older than Alli) and Kaden (2 months), Alli and Cohen headed straight for the swingset and had a blast swinging, sliding and climbing. Both were being little monkeys :) The family arrived shortly after that and although she was happy to see everyone, Alli was less than pleased that she had to come back inside. I think the lack of a nap or downtime had caught up with her because she was in a bit of a mood! Enjoyed opening presents but didn't want to say thank you. Luckily, by the end, she used baby Ashlie (doll) to thank each person for the gift ~ not ideal but it was something! After the family left, Alli crashed and didn't wake up until 8:15 this morning. Guess all the celebrating wore her out ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Yay for being 3 Alli! Looks like you had a ton of fun!!! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you too!! I loved the pics of you twirling in your ballet outfit (so cute!) and I was giggling of the picture of you in your princess outfit (the one where you were walking away towards the fireplace). You looked like you could be in one of the Disney movies speaking to all of your people.... here ye, here ye is the beautiful princess Alli. Oh my goodness I loved it!
ReplyDeleteBet Mommy and Daddy were tired by the end of the day as well. Nikki, I laughed when you said you did too many decorations last year. While I have been out I have planned Lauren's first bday party and purchased the decorations already. I have a feeling I will be in the same boat.... I guess I will figure it out eventually. It is just so much fun though!!
Love to you all and thanks for posting all the fun pictures.
Love,
The MN Macs
We had so much fun! Thanks for inviting us!
ReplyDelete