Sunday, November 8, 2009

Our Rising Star

So it's not often that I sneak a blog in but I thought it was necessary for me to get the word out about our little Nikki Jean and an honor that has been bestowed upon her this week (and that she was just going to let go unannounced!!).  So on Wednesday, it was announced that she is one of nine Attorneys from her Boston Firm (Bingham McCutchen) listed to "Massachusetts Super Lawyers" Rising Stars list in 2009.  So what is this, you might ask?  "Super Lawyers" is a national publication for the legal profession that conducts a yearly rigorous evaluation process involving peer recognition and achievement in the legal field to select their Rising Stars (....I was curious and decided to look it up......it's a no joke process for sure).  The selection process is entirely independent and candidates are developed through peer nominations and/or research conducted by the publication staff.  Another notable is that no more than 2.5% of all attorneys in Massachusetts are named to the list!

I think that this is a recognition that is well deserved and leaves me awestruck considering that she is earning it while living 3000 miles away, working part time and playing Super Mom to our two little munchkins (and juggling numerous other projects).  I am very proud of her and thought that anyone reading our blog may want to know about this as well.  I've attached a link below to the actual announcement if anyone is interested in finding out more.

Garrett


5 comments:

  1. We tell you all the time how very proud we are of you and how very special you are. Now the rest of the world knows what a "Super Star" you are, too. We love you, sweetheart.

    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You are amazing Nikki! So happy that the world recognizes how hard you work and all you do! I am in awe of you... you make it all look so easy! Love you very much and we are proud to know a SUPER LAWYER - should there be some sort of cape for this... G - I think Nikki needs a cape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Nikki! What an honor that I know is well deserved! I don't know how you do it all...and do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I missed G's post until just now.... Congrats to you Nikki!! Way to go Super Lawyer! I am very proud of you!!

    Love you,
    Michelle and the rest of the Macs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got back from Hawaii, and didn't read any blogs while away...what a fantastic honor for you, Nikki! We are so proud! Adele and Bob

    ReplyDelete