Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Renewed Faith in the System

As many of you may recall, I was in a car accident last April when I hit a semi-wheel well that was in the middle of the highway. Although my only other option was to hit another car, my insurance company reported that I was more than 50% at fault and raised our insurance rates. I appealed this with the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles and we heard nothing until the end of February. We received notice that a hearing was scheduled for March 5th in Plymouth (nearly 2 hours from our home!) Obviously I could not drag Alli down there so I submitted an affidavit in lieu of attending. I assumed I would lose. You know what they say about assuming :) I won!!! The MA RMV agreed with me that there was no way I was at fault and has ordered the insurance company to remove any penalty and fees. I have a renewed sense of faith in the system. YEAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment