Thursday, August 7, 2014

Diapers are a thing of the past!!!

This incredibly adorable little man is now a proud member of the big boy undies club!
Although he is still two, Lukey desperately wants to go to preschool in the Fall just like big brother.
Eli's school agreed to put him in the 3's class despite not being 3 because they saw how ready he was this year as he begged to stay in school with his big bro each day BUT the caveat was that he had to be fully potty trained.  I truly thought this would be a deal breaker but we explained to Luke that if he wanted to go to school (he does!), he had to go big boy potty.
I planned to start it in August but the Wednesday (July 23rd) after we got home from Disneyland, 
I got the crazy idea that I might as well just give it a try then so on went the undies.
So I couldn't turn back, I had Eli take all of our diapers down to our neighbor for her little guy.
We decided to use the 3 Day Potty Training method with Luke since we had a deadline.
It definitely took longer than three days but in less than a week, he figured it out!
We tried M-n-Ms as the potty prizes with little excitement but he was all over stickers.
A friend had given us a bunch of Toy Story Stickers and Luke found them July 28th.
When he asked if he could have one, I said sure when he went potty.
Well he was all over that!
Beginning that morning, he would come running to tell me when he had to go potty.
He is even staying dry all night now :-)
Who knew that printing out a picture of Buzz Lightyear and putting stickers on it could be so cool?!?!
The ultimate potty prize was a big Buzz Lightyear toy just like Eli's from Disneyland.
Lukey finally earned that this week and the boys LOVE playing "big Buzz" together.

Although it is hard to believe we are done with this "baby" stage, the diapers will NOT be missed.

We are all so proud of our big boy!!!

2 comments: