Friday, May 23, 2014

What time is it????

FUN RUN TIME

What I heard shouted many times by the students this week at Alli's school :-)
What fun Alli had!
She completed 40 laps ~ way to go Alli!

All week long, Big Dog and Thunder (the two guys running the fun run) 
had music blaring outside in the morning as the students arrived at school - a huge dance party.
Alli, Eli and Lukey all LOVED going to school this week ~ asking to go early.
High fives were a must with Big Dog and Thunder!
Of course, after hot, sunny weather all week, it was raining this morning ~ bummer.
Oh well, run was moved inside to the gym and went great.
I worked all three sessions and had a blast watching the kiddos but 
my favorite was definitely the 1st /  2nd grade session, they were by far the cutest!!!
How cute are they as they excitedly waited for their turn to run???
There is no pacing yourself when you're little ~ they had one speed . . .
sprinting as fast as they could the entire time
I ran most of this session with Alli and had to sprint myself to keep up with her!!!
It was such a blast!
After I finished with the final session, I was able to join Alli for Fun Friday recess.
She and her buddy Caitlin were being silly little monkeys.

By this time, of course, it was sunny and beautiful.
Perfect because anyone who ran at least 30 laps got to dump water on Mrs. Ripley.
I'm pretty sure the entire class got to do this :-)  Poor Mrs. Ripley was soaked but a great sport!

It was such a fun day and Alli was so proud to have raised $530!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment