Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 9 {Discharge!}

We are on track to be discharged between 3 and 4 this afternoon assuming Luke can tolerate the oral version of his antibiotic at 2pm. 
Surgically, he looks great, he's eating and "voiding" just as he should. He hasn't had any pain meds (including Tylenol) in the last four days - little ones bounce back so quickly. 

The GI doc saw him yesterday and today. Further testing is needed (starting Monday!) but he suspects Luke may have an aggressive form of Crohn's disease - no sense getting too worried until we know for sure, right?

Praises:
- Luke is feeling great and eating again
- we may go home today and have our family reunited
- the BEST doctors and nurses who we will miss seeing, they have taken such great care of Luke and our family
- friends and family who have provided us prayers and support

Prayer Requests:
- Luke does not have Crohn's disease, or if he does, the doctors are able to treat him effectively
- strength and peace for mom and dad, and understanding for the big siblings
- Eli's fever subsides and Luke doesn't catch his bug
- peace and comfort for Eli's former preschool teacher's family as her husband passed away yesterday

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment