Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mommy's Day 2012

This was my 6th Mother's Day, and it was FABULOUS!!!
The picture has certainly grown a bit ;-)

I still cannot believe that God trusted me with these three munchkins but I am so grateful!!!
*****************************
The celebrations began on May 2nd with a Mother's Day Tea at Alli's Preschool . . .

Though you cannot tell in this picture, we were wearing our matching dresses!
When I arrived, I found this waiting for me at my table
How sweet is her little hand print???  She told me she did blue because she knows it's my favorite color but couldn't help but add some pink and purple too ~ melt my heart, she's such a sweetie!!!

She and her classmates performed a darling show with signing and singing,
then it was time for refreshments ~ poor Alli was so bummed that there wasn't real tea!
She recovered quickly by enjoying the muffins and strawberries.  After eating, she and her classmates ran around like crazy having a blast, it was the cutest thing to watch.
****************************
My fun continued on May 9th with "Spa Day" in Eli's class!
Sadly, no pics of the two of us together but lots of cute ones of Mr. E ;-)
When I arrived (at least 5 minutes early!!!) Eli was out at recess and crying.  Apparently other Mommies came even earlier and he missed me ~ how sweet (and sad!) is that???
He got to walk me into the classroom and show me where we were sitting . . .

How precious are these placemats that he made??? 
We enjoyed strawberries and cookies with water before the "Spa Treatments" began.
That blue comb was in "my" goodie bag, along with lotion, chapstick, chocolates, and a nail file.
I use the term "my" loosely since Eli wanted to keep most of the goodies in the bag ~ silly boy!
After combing my hair, filing my nails, putting chapstick and lotion on me,
he decided to eat "my" chocolates.  He did such a great job pampering me, I guess he needed them ;-)
Another very fun celebration!
******************************
The celebrations continued on Mother's Day with a visit to my folks' before church for some yummy omelets and donuts.  The kiddos had lots of smooches and hugs for Ducky Gramma!

I love these shots of Ducky Gramma with her oldest (Ashlie) and youngest (Luke) grandchildren!

It was fun to visit with my folks, my big bro Danny and his daughter Ashlie.
Sadly, no shot of all three of us kids with Mom because Tony and his fam came later,
we had to do it that way due to Alli running a very high fever ~ don't want to expose Kyle! 

Alli had been sick and running a high fever for days but did okay that morning and was all smiles! 
Poor thing was back up to 104 by the afternoon :*(
We learned Monday that her ear infection hadn't cleared up despite strong antibiotics for 9 days.

After leaving my folks, it was off to church for Eli's BFF's baptism.
How absolutely precious are these two together???
We were so honored to be asked to be her Godparents!

Next stop, the Clubhouse for brunch with G's family.  By this point, everyone was exhausted, especially Luke, but it's our tradition.  I admit, I was ready to just go home but after taking the first bite of a chocolate eclair, I remembered why I loved the brunch so much and all was right!!! :-)

When we got back to our house, we took some pictures with Barbie Gramma . . .


Barbie Gramma with her two boys.
I look at this picture and it's like looking into my future . . .
hard to believe my two sweet little guys will someday be bigger than me!
****************************

We put the munchkins down for some much needed naps and when they woke up, Eli and I went to the baptism celebration at his BFF's house ~ G stayed home with Alli and Luke.  I have to say it was a wonderful Mother's Day and I feel so blessed to have such a great family!
This picture of me and the "bigs" playing with the camera phone sums up the day perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment