Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Tea at Noah's Ark Preschool

Yesterday, Alli's preschool had their Spring performance.
The Moms were invited to come enjoy the performance,
followed by cookies (that the kiddos made!) and punch.
She did such a great job singing and signing all of the songs ~ too cute!!!
Alli was so excited to have Mommy at school with her and I had the BEST time watching her performance.
After the performance, we enjoyed her yummy cookies and water.
Then she gave me the present she made me.
Funny story, Alli's bag with her present for me said "Mommy" ~ all the other bags said "Mom"
Mrs. Weaver, her teacher, told me that she had written Mom on a sheet for the kids to copy onto the bags,
"In true Alli fashion" Mrs. Weaver said, "Alli said, I'm writing Mommy because that's what I call her." 
To which Mrs. Weaver laughingly responded "okay."
Okay, this is where I admit that my tough exterior is all an act . . .
When she gave me the catapillar magnet clip and the handprint with the poem,
I turned to mush.  Yes, I even teared up as I read the handprint poem.
She's growing up so fast but I love watching the young lady she is becoming!
This was a PERFECT day!

4 comments:

  1. Perfect day ~ perfect mommy ~ perfect daughter ~ just doesn't get better than that! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great day at "school"! Alli looks beautiful! Happy early Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your time at preschool with Alli. If you cried now just wait until she goes to kindergarten!! :)

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen shared the story with me at the "Ready for Kindergarten" class on Thursday:) I loved it! How lucky we all are to have such an awesome girl who knows her own mind, and will speak up for herself:) Love it! Barbie Pop Pop and I could not be more proud of her!
    Barbie Gramma

    ReplyDelete