Monday, May 2, 2011

Alli's thoughts on the Royal Wedding

Anyone who knows us, knows that we did not give two hoots about the recent wedding that monopolized every channel on TV for days.  Yes, of course, we wish them happiness but beyond that, we don't know them and simply do not care.  That said, as I was getting ready Friday morning, Alli came into our room.  I had put on what I thought would be the news to find out the weather.  Silly me, it was the wedding.  Alli loves watching our wedding video so she got excited.  I explained that the bride was marrying her prince and was a real princess now.  Okay, that made Alli's morning :-)  Here was our conversation:

Alli:  She's a real princess????
Mommy:  Yes.
Alli:  What dress is she going to get?
Mommy:  What do you mean?  She's wearing her wedding dress.
Alli:  (slightly annoyed)  No, what dress will she wear after she's married? 
Mommy:  (finally getting what she's asking)  Well, she's going to just wear normal clothes like Mommy.
Alli: (disappointed) Oh, so she's not a real princess like Sleeping Beauty.
Mommy: (chuckling)  Sweetie, she is a real princess, just a modern one.
Alli: Hmmm, I like the pretty dresses.

So there you have it, a four year old's take on the Royal Wedding and her extreme disappointment that the new princess will not be joining the ranks of these lovlies . . .

4 comments:

  1. Having been one of those people who got up at 2 a.m. thirty years ago to see Lady Diana marry Prince Charles....I found myself again drawn to see her son marry his future princess, Catherine. The BGP's ate "bangers and mash", bread pudding, crumpetts, and strawberries and cream, along with drinking a spot of tea. We had a jolly good time!
    Barbie Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot! Cracking me up! Like Barbie Gramma, I had a great time watching the wedding - I am a sucker for love. :) Although I watched the replay on TV (I was not enough of a die hard to wake up early.) It was fun though to watch just because it is always wonderful to see two people in love.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the innocence of a child! Cute replay of your conversation.

    Ducky Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashling still points out her parents' wedding day picture and highlights how her mommy was a princess that day. They get so impatient with us...

    ReplyDelete