Saturday, March 19, 2011

Eli's first haircut

G has been telling me for weeks that I had to get Eli's hair cut but I just couldn't do it. 
I love that he looks like my little baby boy but today I finally agreed. 
We just had to find THE place to do it. 
Neither of us wanted to take him to a chain so we decided we wanted
a barber who had been in the business a long time. 
G knew just the spot . . . Long John's. 
That's where he and his brother and dad went when he was little and that is where my dad still goes ;-) 
Still, we had to scope it out so G went in while we waited in the car
to see if John was willing to cut a little guy's hair. 
Turns out we couldn't have picked a better place!!! 
We made the appointment and at 4 p.m. today, Eli got his hair cut.
For the most part, he was a real trooper ;-)

Here are the before shots . . .

 I thought his curls were adorable but it was beginning to look like a mullet!
 During . . .
Poor guy wasn't sure what to think and had a few moments of tears.


 Intrigued by the electric razor . . .


Here's the AFTER shot ~ such a handsome little man. . .
 No more curls but still enough hair that he's still my baby! ;-)
A great experience and if you have a little guy, we totally recommend John.  He was AWESOME!
He even put Eli's curls in an envelope, wrote the date on it and signed it.
Too fun!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh... the 1st haircut! He looks like he did extremely well. Unlike my kids with theirs. He sure does look like a handsome little guy with the new do.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Long John! The tradition lives on:)
    Barbie Gramma and Pop Pop

    ReplyDelete