Monday, October 4, 2010

in a funk

So I realize that I have been neglecting the blog lately and it is not because nothing is happening.  Lots of fun has been occurring in Casa de Fisher the past couple weeks but for some reason, I've been in a bit of a funk.  Some stuff happened at work that gave me a different view of where I work.  Nothing terrible, just different.  Doesn't help that my last two close friends at work are leaving :(  Hard to believe that I am in the "final four" remaining from my summer class of 28.  I truly thought I would be the first to leave, not one of the last to still be here.  We had a going away lunch for A today and it was a small gathering ~ of the 5 of us there, I am the only one still with our firm, well at least as of the end of the month when M leaves too.  So now I'm away from my family, sleeping in hotels, and my friends aren't even around anymore.  Geesh, this turned into a pity party ~ oops! ;-)  Have I mentioned I'm not a fan of change???  Oh well, I have no doubt that this funk will pass soon.

I promise to update in the next few days with lots of fun stories and pictures!  Until then, here's hoping I can snap out of it ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry, Nikki! Having worked for years with people who were close friends was such a joy for me. They made days just that much more special. I really understand your blue feeling. We love you!
    Adele and Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you out here... and I wish that you weren't in a funk. I can relate to this funk... there are seasons of our life when we meet special people (our Fishers fall into this category). Moving on (away) from those seasons is VERY hard. Another great season always comes, but it doesn't make the transition any easier. I hope you get your groove back soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better very soon.

    Love,
    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the "funk" is over~ look forward to some fun updates on the many adventures of the fantastic Fisher family!

    ReplyDelete