I've been working from home all week as G had to travel to MN for work. Let me just say that being a single parent is HARD ~ wow! Makes it even harder when you get sick :( Yesterday afternoon, I just started feeling yucky ~ nothing specific but just not myself. Then my stomach started to hurt and by 4 p.m. I was vomiting (I know, gross) and it didn't let up. I finally called my mom at 6 p.m. to come help me with the kiddos since all I could do was lay on the ground. She is a saint and gave both kids their baths and put them to bed. I had a fever, chills and could not keep anything down, including water. I was hoping that I would feel better after a good night's sleep and maybe I would have if I had a good night's sleep but that didn't happen. I was sick all night. I called my dad a little before 7 a.m. to ask him to take me to urgent care, hoping they would give me something to stop the vomiting. I figured I may be a little dehydrated and may need some fluids but didn't really think it was that big of a deal. So we get to urgent care and they started taking my vitals and doing the exam. The doc said I was severely dehydrated and needed to get to the ER. Okay, fine. I still just wanted something to stop the vomiting. Then he tells me that I have to go by ambulance because my vitals are so screwy ~ agh! I told dad he could go home and I would call him later ~ no sense him sitting in the ER with me. So . . . 1 ambulance ride complete with oxygen, 4 bags of IV fluids, 2 rounds of Zofran, and 1 dose of Dilaudid later, I finally felt well enough to go home. I have to see my doc tomorrow to make sure all is well but I'm pretty sure it was just a stomach bug.
Then to top it off, when Alli woke up from her afternoon nap, she had a fever of 103.5 ~ YIKES! Fortunately, alternating Tylenol and Motrin has helped and she's now down to 99. I'm praying she doesn't start vomiting too.
G gets home tomorrow evening and we cannot wait. What a week! ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Thank goodness for family nearby!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, Nikki! Man, I can't believe it got so bad so quickly for you. Feel better soon and we are praying for your quick recovery and that the kiddos stay healthy. Miss you all!
ReplyDeleteOh no! G said you had to go to the hospital. I had no idea you had to take an ambulance!! It almost sounds a bit like food poisoning too.... we missed you and kiddos last night!! Had a great time with G - so sweet of him to swing by. We told him he must come over every time he is in MN if he has a break and would like too. :) Hope you feel better soon and that the kiddos are okay too. Being a single parent is really hard and you are right, even worse when you are sick! It must have been awful. I am happy to hear you are doing better.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Michelle