Tuesday, August 17, 2010

huh???

I just spoke with someone from the Seattle Times newspaper about a possible Sunday subscription.  It was an interesting conversation to say the least.  I asked what specials they had as there was no way I would be willing to pay the $2.95 per week when all I would really do is clip coupons or look at store adds.  The woman tells me there is a 50% off special where I could pay just $19.  Okay, $19 for what?  She did not appreciate that question but eventually tells me it is just for 3 months and then the full price would apply.  I say no thank you and ask if that is the best she can do.  She puts me on hold and says, well there is another promotion for 20% off and she can offer it to me for $30.  What????  I did a bit of a double take and had to ask for clarification, I mean first she offers $19, I ask if that's the best she can do and she comes back with $30??????  She says yes, those are the two promotions I can choose from.  Okay.  I actually had to ask if anyone would actually choose to pay more.  I was so confused.  Conversation ends with me saying no thank you.  I have to say, I doubt I will be going with that paper any time soon.  Wierd.

4 comments:

  1. And print journalism continues to be in disarray. I am a print journalism guy, and I shake my head often. I haven't subscribed to the paper in almost a year. And way to throw a little Dave Ramsey at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They obviously didn't know they were talking to "Fisher and Fisher"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. should have asked about the deal we have ~ $24.00 for a YEAR (not a misprint, that's right, a year)! We signed up for the Sunday paper and ended up getting the paper every day of the week! Not bad when a paper costs less than 50 cents a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom ~ I mentioned your deal. It's no longer a valid promotion.

    ReplyDelete