Hello again everyone. Hope you're all having a great holiday season. Nikki and I can't wait to come home for Christmas in a few weeks. I'm especially looking forward to it since it's been a couple years since I experienced one back home with family and friends.
Nikki and I are also eagerly awaiting news from my cousin Laura and her husband Tony as they are in the midst of having their first child (Victoria) today down in Arizona! She posted a blog on her site this morning that contractions had started and they were on their way to the hospital!! Looks like the makings of an early Christmas present for the family. The timing of our pregnancies couldn't be better as Laura and I were the closest in age within our crew. Now our little ones (both girls) will get to grow up just a couple months apart. Great planning huh!
Nikki and I went to our first parenting class this weekend. The purpose of this one was newborn essentials which taught us things like bathing, changing diapers and the voodoo of wooing our upset child to sleep. I got to be the guinea pig for changing diapers where I proved to be an absolute pro. Never mind that I was working with a stationary doll. I'm sure that real babies stay just as still right? I think we both came to the conclusion that even though there was a lot of good information in this class, taking care of a newborn is going to be one of those things where you do most of your learning on the job
Other than that we'd like to keep Nikki's mom in our prayers as she recovers from a recent trip to the hospital. She's home and working her way back to feeling 100% and we can't wait to see her when we fly in for the holidays. Hope everyone else is doing well and we'll chat with you again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment