Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tomorrow . . .

I go in for my partial thyroidectomy, where the surgeons will remove the middle and right portions of my thyroid in order to biopsy a large follicular neoplasm with hurthle cells.
Here I am the day before surgery.

I have so many posts that I need to catch up on but for now they are on the back burner.
This weekend has been about connecting with family and friends.
After Eli's t-ball game yesterday, we went to park and had fun playing, 
something I don't do nearly enough with my munchkins.  
It was a hoot riding the teeter-totter, all five of us on it at one point, Daddy really got it going!!!

After church today, there was cleaning and playing to do.
The kiddos went back and forth between being super sweet and super naughty,
so I guess it was a perfectly normal day :-)
Right before going to bed, Alli came down to give me another hug and decided we should pose for pictures at the computer ~ she can be so sweet and silly!!!

While I definitely feel some anxiety about tomorrow's procedure and the biopsy outcome, 
I am feeling more peace tonight than I expected.  It helps so much to know that God already knows what will happen and will prepare all of us to handle whatever comes our way.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."  1 Peter 5:6-7

2 comments:

  1. Saying a big ole prayer for you and your surgeons tonight!! Thinking of all of you!!

    ReplyDelete