Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Disnyland 2012: Getting Ready

We had been planning our Disneyland trip since February 2011 
so I had plenty of time to do lots of little projects for the family to make the trip extra special ;-)

To begin, t-shirts for the family . . .

Yes, everyone on the trip had one of these beauties, which we wore on the plane ride down.
I LOVED them and they were quite handy for finding our party ;-)

We also wore our snazzy red "Fisher Fam" shirts our final day in the park and the plane ride home.

For Alli, I designed a birthday shirt . . .
and sent all of her buddies somewhat matching shirts . . .
 The five little girls were so cute!

Aside from the shirts, I decided to put my crafty side to work and sew some reversible bags for the kids.
I wanted to be sure they had fun items to entertain them during the travel portions of our trip! 
I was very pleased with how these turned out and the kids loved their Mickey/Minnie bags!
I filled them with all things Disney . . .
 stickers, candy, playdoh, crayons, dry erase markers, and their new activity and autograph books.

Alli was soooooo excited with her goody bag and kept saying "thank you" over and over :-)

Inside the bags were two items I created over the past couple months and they were a huge hit . . .

Personalized autograph books for each of the kids (each character had its own page)
These were such a hit with our family and the characters!
So easy too, I downloaded free clip art and fonts, created it in MS PowerPoint, printed it at home and had it bound at Staples, cost me a total of $10 for both books ~ we spent more buying two character pens!!!

I also made both Alli and Eli their own activity book complete with coloring pages, games, learning worksheets, maps and more.  These were also a huge hit with the kids on the plane and at home!
I had to chuckle when someone told me, "you know you can just buy coloring books right?"
Yes, I know that but this was so much fun to do and the little fish loved it!

Tons more Disney posts to come so stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. You are so talented ~ the kids are soooo lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you did the Disney bags, too! They are awesome...and you ARE SO TALENTED!! Love all the goodies...and we love our t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had such a memorable time with all of you in Disneyland! Thank you for allowing us to tag along:)
    Barbie Gramma and Barbie Pop Pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shirts and all the goodies! Great job!!! They all turned out so well!! Looking forward to seeing more pics from your fun vaca. ;)

    ReplyDelete