Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Luke: One Month

How is it possible that Luke is already one month????
That time flew by so quickly!
Luke has been a great addition to the family and everyone adores him!
Though he's still not quite sure what he thinks of life on the outside ;-)
His eyes get very wide every time he hears his big sis and big bro . . .
 They still LOVE to love on their baby bro ~ it is so sweet.
  



At O N E  M O N T H Luke is now
9 lbs 2 oz
He is by far our fussiest baby, making Alli seem easy as a baby! :-)
When people ask why he's crying, we respond with "he's awake"
Some days he does cry ALL.DAY.LONG unless he's nursing or sleeping,
other days are better so we are learning to savor the non-crying days
 and getting better at handling the tough ones.
He has officially been diagnosed as having atypical colic so we do our best to comfort him.
The good news is his doc said this may only last 3-6 weeks (or up to 3 months) ~ we're praying!
Thankfully, the crying doesn't seem to bother A or E at all and they still just want to love on him.

Despite all the crying (his and Mommy's!), we wouldn't change a single thing about him.
We are so thankful for our little Luke!

4 comments:

  1. Happy one month birthday, sweet Luke. We love you.

    Ducky Gramma & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there!!! You are doing great! Love the pics and updates. Keep 'em coming.

    Love,
    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no proof this baby cries all the time... I see him in every picture and no crying... ;) All kidding aside, I didn't have a colicky baby so I have no idea what you are going through, but I didn't have a few rough hours every day where my kids cried because they just needed to cry I guess. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I know it will pass and I will pray it passes quickly. In the meantime, he is pretty stinkin' cute whenever I see him in pics and his big bro and sis look like they are old pros at being the big siblings. Maybe Santa will bring you noise canceling headphones for the rough days. Love you girl! Hang in there! I am so jealous that Justin will be there to meet Luke in a few weeks... NOT FAIR! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Luke's big eyes! :-) Thinking of you everyday as I feel for what you are going through! You are such a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete