Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Back to running!
Well it's official, I am running again!!! I had a followup appointment with my surgeon on Monday and he gave me the go ahead to try running again (with strict instructions to not go overboard). So on Tuesday, my physical therapist had me run on the treadmill and it was AWESOME!!! I'll admit, it felt a little weird at first and I had a slight twinge of pain for the first minute or so, but once I got going it felt great! He only let me run for 9 minutes (3 of which he made me jog slowly while holding on - that takes coordination!) but I loved every minute of it. He is going to let me run a full mile tomorrow - I cannot wait! We have to get me up to 3.5 miles by June 15th when I am taking part in the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge in Boston. It is such a great race, starting at the Boston Common, running down to Fenway Park and back. Last year there were 14,000+ participants! Then Garrett and I have our first 5K of the season two weeks later. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment